Digital Camera Insurance Guide
Gone are the days of film cameras, when you had to wait for a day or two to see the results. With the availability of digital cameras in the market, taking pictures has not only become more fun, but sharing and printing is easy and convenient. With so many digital camera models available in the market, choosing one to purchase, especially for first time buyers, has become quite a difficult task. No matter which model you choose to buy, you should consider taking out camera insurance to protect your investment.
Just click below to start your camera insurance quotation.
We just need a few basic details so that we can get your quotes from our panel of specialist insurers.
Find the Best Digital Camera Along With the Most Suitable Digital Camera Insurance
Choosing a Camera
The best way to shop for a digital camera is to narrow down your search according to your requirements and budget. At the same time, if this is your first digital camera, make sure you understand the different terminology and do your own research before making a purchase. Learn about the latest features available and evaluate which are the ones that you would require.
Some of the basic features that you should consider while buying a digital camera are its megapixels, optical zoom, digital zoom, shooting modes, memory and battery life. The higher the number of megapixels should mean that you will achieve better quality images. Higher zoom will allow you to take clear pictures of objects at a distance. The different shooting modes will allow you to take pictures under different conditions and the memory space will decide the maximum number of pictures that you can take at one time.
Digital Camera Insurance
Besides all these important features, you should also look out for suitable digital camera insurance whenever you plan to buy a camera. By keeping your camera protected, you can enjoy using it for many years to come.
Anyone looking for digital camera insurance should understand that they are unlikely to find policies that are specifically aimed at insuring digital cameras per-se.
Here are some important points to consider when looking for digital camera insurance:
Camera Insurance Checklist
- Firstly, what type of cover do you need? Amateur or Professional? This will be largely determined by whether you intend to use your camera in a commercial capacity i.e. will you use the camera to earn an income.
- How much excess are you prepared to pay in the event of an insurance claim on your camera? The excess value will be one of the main factors that determine the price of your policy. Generally the higher the excess, the lower the premium, so it's important to get the balance right when insuring your digital camera.
- Are you likely to want cover when traveling overseas? Typically this is when we are most likely to use our cameras so it's important to make sure you are covered. Also check the small print of your travel insurance policy as this may or may not offer some form of digital camera insurance.
- Will you be carrying the camera in your car and leaving it unattended? Most policies are quite specific about this, so again you should make sure that you are covered in this area and double check the policy excess, as most insurers will have an increased excess for this option.
- Do you need cover for Public Liability? This is more likely to apply to someone using their digital camera in a professional capacity rather than for personal use, but nonetheless is can be an important policy feature to consider.
Finally, you should consider your own photography skills. A professional photographer would obviously want to buy a high end digital or digital SLR camera for their photography. However, if you are an amateur, then a compact digital camera with basic features should work for you.
No matter whether you buy an expensive SLR digital camera or a not so expensive basic digital camera, it could make sense to consider buying Digital Camera Insurance. You should also take a look at our Camera Insurance Providers.